Shipper / Receiver
Expires: Jul 29, 2012
Home Hardware is looking for a Shipper / Receiver.
Apply in person with resume and application (available in store or online at http://www.homehardware.ca/en/index/corporate/careers.htm ), fax 250-787-0304, email email@example.com.
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for the processing of all store and yard shipping and receiving functions, including checking all incoming inventory; sorting, organizing, delivering and putting away orders/inventory in order of priority; placing inventory in proper locations; work with and obtain cooperation from yard and warehouse staff in keeping inventory organized; build a working relationship and communicate with Vendors and customers; keep accurate records. The Shipper/Receiver person must perform all tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact upon the level of service to customers.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with management, supervisor, coworkers, delivery personnel, and Vendors.
• Friendly, helpful and cooperative attitude towards customers and coworkers
• Excellent organizational skills; Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must have solid knowledge of the building industry.
• Must have valid forklift certification, or must be willing to obtain (Employer will train).
• Must have valid class 5 drivers license with clean abstract.
• Good comprehension of written and printed materials, and arithmetic to verify orders, invoices, etc.
• Self-motivated & good problem solving ability
• Able to adapt quickly and react positively to change in routine
• Handle all shipping and receiving duties in warehouse and yard.
• Maintain all processes and records involved in shipping/receiving for the store and yard.
• Understand proper receiving procedures and paperwork
• Check all purchase orders to ensure correctness.
• Follow company procedures regarding required signatures, forms, receipts, etc.
• Assist with the unloading/loading of merchandise and materials of incoming trucks.
• Work directly with unloading staff by coordinating proper placement of incoming inventory.
• Follow all safety precautions when loading and unloading freight. Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behaviour to management in order to have the situation corrected.
• Work and cooperate with yard and warehouse staff in keeping inventory organized.
• Check all incoming and outgoing inventory thoroughly (open all boxes, check for proper count, ensure all pieces are included) - Check against invoices or orders to spot shortages, damaged good, backorders, etc.
• Advise your supervisor of shortages, damages, backorders, etc.
• Follow proper documentation procedures for merchandise that is to be returned or refused.
• Build a relationship and communicate with Vendors regarding incoming, incomplete, damaged or returned items.
• Timely and accurate processing of incoming and outgoing merchandise, including outside vendor shipments, repairs, and special orders.
• Sort, organize, put away, arrange for pick-up or delivery of all incoming merchandise in order of priority.
• Gain and obtain understanding of all merchandise and the location of each.
• Assist in the moving of merchandise from receiving / warehouse to sales-floor ensuring all items have been received, stickered and moved to proper location.
• Sort through incoming merchandise, separate special orders and place in proper area. Know the location of all special orders.
• Process special orders for non-stock items
• Build a relationship and communicate with customers; contact when special orders have arrived, arrange for delivery or pick-up, invoice, keep records and follow up on outstanding orders.
• Work weeks are 40 hours/week, 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. Monday to Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm.
• Benefits, employee discount, wage increase after 3 month probation period.
• Year end profit sharing bonus
• Physical activity required, including lifting and moving boxes (up to 50lbs), bending, squatting, kneeling, and walking up and down staircase.
• The Shipper/Receiver needs to be hands-on and is frequently required to handle changing priorities.
• Report directly to, and work with the Yard Manager, Purchasing Coordinator, and General Manager; Meet with management for quarterly/annual performance review